Clocha Rince PA is an integral and vital element of the school community. Our PA is affiliated to the National Parents Council (NPC) which provides training for its members and acts as an advisory service for Parent Associations throughout the country.
Our PA meets throughout the year and has contributed greatly over the years through its fundraising. All funds raised are used to provide our pupils with classroom resources which ensures an optimum learning environment is sustained in Clocha Rince NS.
The PA also assist in areas of school organisation such as supervision on trips, classroom assistance and event planning and organisation. The PA are currently setting up our school garden
Ruth Duggan (Chairperson), Eileen Nolan (Secretary), Anne Hill (Treasurer), Martha Dalton, Colleen Hogan, Lorraine Dowling, Sinéad Bracken, Aoife Lynch, Linda Holton, Darah Bradley, Clare Nolan, Catríona O'Meara, Gemma Loftus, Ger Cunningham, Gráinne Kirrane
The PA may be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The official functions of a Parent Association are;
Role of the PA
- The Parent Association can engage in consultation with the principal and the Board of Management to develop and/or review areas of policy e.g. health & safety, homework, behaviour.
- The PA can suggest and/or organise extra-curricular activities.
- The PA is a support for parents in the school.
- The PA can invite speakers to address parents on issues which are topical.
- The PA is the fundraising body of the school. The Chairperson consults with the Principal to draw up a list of equipment/resources for which extra funds are required. The PA carries out various fundraising activities throughout the year to raise funds for a specified purpose.
- The PA is not a forum for complaints against an individual teacher or parent nor against school organisation or managment. The complaints procedure is the mechanism for this. A Parental Query/Complaints & Commendations Policy is available on the Policies section of this site.